Thursday, October 11, 2007

 

Feeling "A Part Of"

I had such a wonderful time this evening. I got to go on a run - well, more of a jog really, with a friend of mine. He wants to start being more "physically active." He even went out a bought a pair of running shoes. It's nice to go with someone. breaks up the monotony and It's SUPER-NICE to have someone to make comments to about all the hot boys out there. ay.ay.ay.

Came home a had a little chicken to hold me over to dinner- that was gonna be a late one tonight at 9:30pm. A newbie was celebrating 6 months of sobriety and he called and asked me to come to the meeting to see him pick up his chip and celebrate afterwards with dinner. It was so nice to be asked to show up for support. It was great to hangout afterward in that BIG AA kinda way of 14 people - all of them crazy, talking, driving the waiter insane. :)

Since I have been travelling, i have felt a little disconnected in general. I stay very conncted to my inner-circle BUT there is something to be said for connecting generally to everyone. I have been out-of-sorts with meetings, coffee, dinners and overall get-togethers.

It was great to hang out with the newbies and see them all smile. Life get good when we clean up. It's good to share that too. I am glad they shared it with me.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?