Friday, March 02, 2007

 

Withdrawals

So I did it. I left Sprint. I went across the street and got the info, mulled it over, and made the switch. I think I am going to be happy.

I haggled over the price of the phone. I cant believe I did that. Ia m turning into my mother who haggled at the grocery store. AND being in sales, simply put it as”Do you want to make a sale today? This is what it will take for me to buy.” So I got a new phone at a decent price. Yay for me.

I will say there was a bit of a rough patch. After we did all the paperwork and phone stuff I went home. He said I could use my new phone but could receive calls on it till the switch went thru. BUT that I could receive calls on my old phone. I said ok and off I went. THAT WAS NOT TRUE! I got home and neither phone was working. I called myself from the land line to check and I got the recording “This number is not in service.” Message. Yikes! I told my self to give it some time. About 30 mins. Well, I started to worry. The same thing happened with Sprint last year when I switched over. This was not a good omen.

So I went back to the store. At this point it has been about an hour and half. I was freaking out a little bit. What if clients were calling me and they get this message. They wont call me back. I am trying to land some new clients. Will they think I went under? OH I was really freaking out. The guy at the store calls around. Fiddles a bit. Talks to his manager, calls another number. The girl on the phone says that there have been delays in switching over numbers. That it will be SEVERAL MORE HOURS! I felt my heart sink. I asked him what I was supposed to do. He said they could let me borrow a phone if I really needed it. NO. I thought. I want my own. I want mine! I told him I wasn’t good. That the same thing happened when I switched to Sprint last year and that I hoped this wasn’t an indication of what was to come. I told him I was not happy and said again that this was not good.

I went home. I was terrified. How would I call people? I am so used to calling and saying I am near Starbuck’s meet me there. It is Friday night. How do I make plans with people. I was literally going thru cell phone withdrawals. I had to breath deep. I stayed home until it was time to go to the meeting. When I got there, I felt better. Whew! I went with out a cell phone for about 5 hours. It was so strange.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?