Sunday, February 25, 2007

 

Sunday Drive

I woke up today and was in good spirits.

I had so much fun with my friends at a fundraiser last night. After the fundraiser, I called my friend and made plans to meet out at a local dance club. I thought we were gonna go dancing. Instead, we watched a drag show. I LOVE A GOOD TEXAS DRAG SHOW! Bars aren’t exactly conducive to conversation, so we watched, nodded to each other yelled a few comments and basically had a good time. After ward, we decided to leave. I went back to the hotel, he went home. Saying we would see each other today.

My friend texted me directions to the park to meet him. I went to watch him play soft ball, or rather watch him at soft ball practice. I was late due to watching TV. That is a really bad habit! I have been working on that since new year’s. I was doing a pretty good job till today. Dang!

It was a great sunny day. Crisp, cool weather. I sat on the bleachers and watched. He is a fast runner. lol

I started to feel like I was invading his space. (believe me, I know all this is in my head and it is all about my issues.) then I started thinking that all his friends were probably wondering who I was. Then …. Then…. Then… you know how that committee in my head starts talking. I tried to get his attention but he was way out in the field. I thought about yelling out and waving bye. I was thinking so much that I figured I should get on the road to come back to Houston. I was feeling so uncomfortable, I finally just left. Again, I know these are my own issues – no one else’s.

One the way home I started feeling guilty. I should have waited to say good bye properly. I should have just sat thru my uncomfortable feelings. I should have, I should have etc.

The drive was nice. I enjoyed some speaker cds and some great music too. It was great weather for a nice Sunday drive home.

Comments:
I go through those same feelings, Cisco. About invading the space of my friends, like I am an intruder. It really sucks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?