Wednesday, February 21, 2007

 

Out of the Ashes

Ash Wednesday. Hmm. Been a while since I’ve thought about Catholic holy days. I had one very important appointment this morning. I called Goddess Mother to see if she wanted to join me at the Chapel of St Basil for mass. She agreed and I was little excited. I have not seen her in quite some time. AND I had not been to mass in even longer. I miss going to mass. The ritual of it all. I am touched by some of the things we say at different times. Like “It is right to give Him thanks and praise.” Sometimes I forget to say thank you to my Higher Power for all I have been given. And I forget that everything I am and have is due to Him.

I thought long and hard about what to give up for Lent. Such an auspicious time of the year. Well, I will not go into all that as it is personal and the whole point is that it is between me and HP. What I will say is that it occurred to me that I am usually more balanced when I write. I have not been blogging as you can all tell. So the idea came to me that maybe I should blog – 40 entries in 40 days. So here we go.

Let No One Steal Your Peace emerges out of the ashes or Ash Wednesday.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?