Thursday, February 22, 2007

 

I wasn’t being ignored

I forget sometimes that I do not know everything. Hahahahaha

For example. I am supposed to go visit this guy I met about a month ago. He lives in another Texas city. I am supposed to stay with him. And I got scared. After talking to a few good friend and one very savvy sponsor – I decided to stay in a hotel. This is the first time we were gonna be spending time together – kinda like a first date and I did not want to last 3 days. I had also called him on Sunday. On Monday I sent him an email saying how I saw the weekend going and asked what his thoughts were. I had not heard back from him. I just knew I had scared him off. I am so aware that I have commitment issues as it is. I kept telling myself that I had run him off thru that.

Last night when I went to walk the puppy princess, I grabbed my phone so I could his call him. As I grabbed my cell, it rang. It was him. My heart raced. “hello” I said. “what’s up?” he responded. We chatted a bit. I brought up the subject of the weekend visit. He said it was good. And then asked if I had received his response to my email. I said I had not.

Then he just flat out says, “So you have been thinking all this time that I was ignoring you huh? Is that Why you didn’t call me yesterday?” I was so busted. He laughed a little a said “Now it makes sense.” Dude, I’m thinking to myself, this kind of crazy thought process is why I don’t like dating. It drives me insane. I have so many weird thoughts. “I was honest and said, “yeah. I thought maybe you had changed your mind about the weekend. I really did, I thought you were ignoring me.”

He just said, “Naw. I wasn’t ignoring you.”

Whew. No I am looking forward to the weekend again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?