Saturday, December 31, 2005

 

Stepping Into The New Year

New Year’s Eve has always been a time when I start to reflect on the past year. My Birthday will be in two days. So, not only is it a time for a calendar year, but also for a life-year to pass. I think about what comes ahead and how I am moving forward. But in order to do that I have to look back.

There was so much that happened in 2005. Here are some of the things that come to mind.

• I met my Little Man and he got me to believe in love again.
• I had a great Valentine’s Day!
• I started blogging, Let No One Steal Your Peace came into existence
• The Fearless Leader asked me to come teach in San Francisco for a week while the Yoga Princess went on vacation
• The Pope John Paul II passed away and we got a new Pope, Pope BenedictXVI
• I reached my 5th year of sobriety
• I got to visit the Serene Silver Fox
• She took me to see my very first Broadway Play
• I came out to my brother and sister
• I learned to swim
• Daddy Long Legs stopped blogging
• My friends in Los Angeles had their first baby, a healthy boy!
• I got a tattoo, My first tattoo
• Little Man Moved to Korea
• I faced some pretty big fears – financial and otherwise.
• We had so many storms, so many,
Katrina and Rita devastating the Gulf Coast
• New Orleans was devastated
• Rita gave Houston quite a scare
• Bikram Yoga the Woodlands opened its doors
• My ex-boyfriend passed away
• I went to San Fran and met Chad fox and Daigle
• My friend OM Yogi Opened a Bikram Studio in Colorado
• Maxeen was laid off after a long tenure with that employer
• Dan and Jim came to Houston and I met even more bloggers
• I bought a new car, Lupe
• Mary Christmas continues to be such a great friend, 19 years and going……

I don’t know what 2006 will hold. I am certain it will be life happening as usual. There will be good times and sad times, times of peace and times of great joy. When I think about putting one foot in front of the other to step into the new year, I am compelled to smile and remember
Let No One Steal Your Peace.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?