Wednesday, December 07, 2005

 

Happy Birthday Coco!

Today is Coco Patches' Birthday. She is 8 years old. I've had her since she was six weeks old. She was a birthday present to me from my ex (My bday is in Jan). She is so adorable and cute. I cant believe this is the one that was left that no one else wanted from the litter. I know someone upstairs knew she was the one for me.



All I have to say is that I want to be that active at when I get to be her age. She still has lots of spunk, charm, and playfulness of a puppy. It seems like just yesterday, I was waking up 10 times a night to let her out to pee....she would whimper to let me know she had to go out (she still does that) As a puppy, she was so tiny. She could not go up and down the 4 steps to the house. Today, she jumps around like I-dont-know-what. She can get on and off the king size bed with no problem. She jumps from couch to love seat and back with so much ease.


She loves me and misses me when I am gone. She greets me and kisses, and licks, and sniffs, and wags her tail so fast!

I know that sometimes I get a little mad, like when I come home and my socks and underwear are strewn about the house - chewed up! This is her way of telling me she is mad at me. That I need to spend some time with her. When I am taking out the trash, and I stop to answer the phone and head out the door to meet someone, leaving the trash bag on the kitchen floor, and I return to find it all over and her with a big smile saying "Thanks for the TREAT daddy!" I know it is really my fault.

She snuggles in bed or on the couch when I am watching TV. We have our own little quirks that many may not be familiar with. A little language of our own. That is our bond. She minds very well, and is very good, well-mannered most of the time. She likes to be lazy sometimes, and I do too.



This little creature, a creation of God, has been through so much with me. She was there thru my break up. The many guys I have dated. The many moves I have made. She travelled with me to New Orleans. She was there when I got sober. (she's an Al-Apuppy) She has helped me heal in many ways. Has taught me the true meaning of unconditional love. I am so blessed to have been paired up with her.


My dear little Puppy Princess, Happy Birthday.

Comments:
Happy birthday COCO!!!

Tell your master to give you Yoga lessons.
 
Gawd, I want a puppy. She's lovely. The love and patience she returns (in her dog like way) is because of what you gave when she was a pup. That said, she doesn't quite make a necklace...!
 
i'm crazy about my dogs, too. my older dog, jack, just had his 3 yr b-day december 6th.
 
Trixie sends her birthday kisses to CoCo. I can hardly wait until you, me and Bubbles celebrate our birthdays--what a cool trifecta!
 
Never heard of an Al-Apuppy! Funny
 
your dog is adorale!!
 
In some ways she reminds me of Mike the Dog from the movies. Active and personable with a hint of mischief thrown in for good measure.
Happy Birthday little lady,
kb
 
Happy Birthday to both Princesses
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?