Saturday, December 17, 2005

 

Fa-la-la-la-la la-la la-la

I have not been able to get into the Christamas Spirit. This is my very, very very MOST favorite holiday of all! After all, the holiday season begins with Thanskgiving, then there is Christmas, New Year's and a Grand Finale, all of this just to come to a finish, the last bash, on my Birthday, Jan 2. bet ya'll did not know that. teh holidays weer designed so that I could be celebrated too! lol


And I just have not been able to enjoy it. So, I figured action is key. Mary Chrsitmas is home. I went into the attic and we brought down the decorations. I have not been able to stay present, in the moment. I am dreading taking down the decorations. huh? what is taht about? So we put up a few things around the house - inside. The Nativity scene, the Advent Wreath, and some garland strategically placed around the house, like over the mantle to the fireplace, etc. Putting these decorations up has helped. I was not able to do the outside. I still cannot bear the thought of having to take them down - such hard work. We did not put up a Christmas tree. I love the Xmas tree.... especially when it is fresh and the whole house smells like Christmas when I walk in.

Putting up the decorations has helped - A LOT.
So here are a few pics of the Nativity Scene. I included baby Jesus for the picture, but then I hid him. DUH!He is not born yet! he doesn't come out till Xmas eve.

And here is my Advent Wreath. It brings me a lot of joy too! I always have to stop and admire it when the candles are lit. You know, take moment and think about what this season is really about.

Also, I am so glad that we have put out the snow globe. It has a silver reindeer in it. This is my favorite! It belongs to Mary Christmas. I am glad I get to enjoy it though! hahaha

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?