Sunday, October 02, 2005

 

Pissful Bliss

There is a new yoga studio in Houston opening soon. Bikram Yoga The Woodlands. It is about 30 miles north of Houston. The directors of the the studio have been waiting to open for quite some time. That time is here. They opne next weekend. Today we had a pre-opening yoga class. I was asked to teach. yikes! I have not taught since April. But, it is like riding a bike. You start to remember as you go along. It is kind of funny. Right before class i ran into the men's room and took some deep breaths. I asked God to direct the class. I asked him to use me as a vehicle to reach out to the students and allow them to experience the healing and therapeutic benefits of yoga. Many of these students are new. They have never done this before. I asked that "I" be removed and that the "yoga" be allowed to flow thru me. Then I ran into the yoga room and started class. It was a bit odd at first, and after a few minutes, my tension, my fear melted away. I got comfortable and all the information just started to pour out - just like the sweat from each of the students. It was a good class.

At the end of class, while everyone was relaxing laying on their backs, I was doing my closing. The students started giggling and laughing a little bit. I paused wondering was whta going on and then kept going with my closing. I said, "This feeling you are experiencing, this PEACEFUL BLISS, as you go throughout your day, let no one steal your peace." WELL! after class, they told me that the first time I said, "THIS PISSFULL BLISS" they started laughing i paused then I said, "this PEACEFUL BLISS" I turned beet-red. And this was about 20 minsutes after class. How could that have happened? And I did not even catch it. I am just glad that everyone thought it was funny and no one was offended. Just another yoga class.

Comments:
I do hatha and Iyengar method. How can you stand the heat of the Bikram studios?

I have a confession, each time I go to class, I make a little mantra, "Please God, don't let me be the fat girl who farts in class." Invariably I hear someone else poot across the room:)

Have you ever gone to see Ammachi?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?