Sunday, October 16, 2005

 

My Ex

The call I got while in New Orleans was about my ex. The friend who called has all the tact of I don't know what. She left a voicemail saying he had passed away Friday night. Huh? What? I called her back and wanted to get some clarification. Well, that didn't work. She did not know anything. She just figured that I would want to know.

This was the point where we were driving to my friend's apartment in the CBD. I started to get misty eyed when the Fugees song came on the radio. Killing Me Softly That song was playing on the radio when Artiste Leonardo came to pick me up in a rental car at the airport in New York the first time I went. I think it is amazing the way one song, scent, photo, etc can bring a flood of memories back in one instant. That was such a happy time. I still cant believe he is gone.

I called his sister. She was just a big mess. And rightly so. Her only other sibling, her big bother had passed away. I barely understood anything she said. That's when I decided I had better just wait and speak with her later. Besides, he and I have been broken up for quite some time. It's not like I have place there anymore. I called a few other people and got some different answers. None of this matters. The point is he has passed away. I cant believe it.

The last time I spoke to the Artiste Leonardo was in July. We chatted for a bit. He was supposed to donate one of his pieces for a fundraiser we had. We never got around to that. I was giving him a hard time - as usual. I cant believe I will never hear his laugh again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?