Tuesday, August 30, 2005

 

Serenity Please.

I received some rather disturbing news last Monday afternoon. I was just a bit distraught over this. I will not be going into what it was but let's just say it is a financial mess of my own making.I had just arrived in New Olreans and had to cut my work week terribly short. I came back to Houston on Tuesday to start straightening out this terrible stuff.

I am so grateful for Mary Christmas, my best friend, who instantly extended his help and gave it freely. I am gratefull he was not judgemental. I am grateful he knows that this one thing does not define who I am but rather has started to shape me for the better. He has been so supportive. I was gonna cancel my trip to San Francisco and he said "NO!" He told me I would go as planned and I would have fun. I am glad he is in my corner. I am glad I am still going to San Fran.

I had a meeting on Thursday where I received more information. I was totally side-swipped by a possible solution that I immediately decided was not an option for me. I have made quite a big mess. I do not know what the resolution is going to be. What I do know is that if I can stay clean and sober for a little over 5 years, there is nothing, absolutely nothing that I can't do. That is what Alcoholics Anonymous has taught me. There are times when I think that this is all too much for me. And that is when some newcomer comes into my life and gets me out of self. Thank you so much! That's what I needed, a two-week sober YOUNG ADDICT to help me realize that nothing is insurmountabe once the drug and alcohol problem is solved - the sky is the limit. Hanging out with him has been a life saver.

I have been in close contact with my sponsor. She has been good to me. I just staretd working with her and here away we go! Theer is a DOOOOOOZZZYY of a problem t help with. I have been going to more meetings than I have in a long time - sometimes twice a day. I have been hanging out with newcomers galore! They are key to my sobriety. I have been taking direction by people who have gone thru what I am going thru. I have also experienced one of the promises. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. I have been able to help others start the process I am starting.

I do not know what is going to happen. I am fairly certain this is not exactly over yet. There is some work that still needs to be done. I was so shaken that I had to stop, ask for direction, take and apply that direction. You see, I allowed something to take my peace. What I do know is this: LET NO ONE STEAL YOUR PEACE! I have asked for serenity. And I have said please. It feels good to practice what I preach. In all that I do and say, in all that happens, IN ALL MY AFFAIRS, Let No One Steal Your Peace,
Serenity, Please.
Thank you.

Comments:
I'm a huge fan so youmight like akc lab
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?