Monday, August 15, 2005

 

Peaceful Passing

A friend of mine, and A very good friend of my Goddess Mother passed away this weekend. He passed away in his sleep, watching tv. There was no pain, not discomfort, just fell asleep and crossed over. Isnt that the best way to go? Such a peaceful passing.

They (Goddess Mother and Lee) got sober about the same time. He was 28 years sober. I am glad I was able to see him last week at the Tuesday Night Step Study. He is survived by his twin brother. No other family. However, the family of choice that Lee had will be showing up tonight for a memorial service. That count could be about 200. yes. I love Aloholics Anonymous and the family that it teaches us to build. I am sad that I will not be there physically, but take comfort in knowing that I will be there in spirit. I am a better person for having known him. Lee, you will be remembered and loved.

Comments:
If you're not building it's kind of a pointless life, wouldn't you say. Sounds like he got sober and never looked back. Bless his passing,
k
 
That was a beautiful tribute to your friend.
 
I am very sorry about your friend. While these things are never easy, take comfort that he was a good friend and you saw him last week. Take care.
 
The memorial service was very uplifting. Lee's cousin came down from Minnesota and when he got up to speak (after about 9 people eulogized Lee), he said, "I'm not a member of Alcoholics Anonymous, but after hearing so much love in this room, I kinda wish I were."

You are right, Cisco, the fellowship of AA is such an incredible family of choice and I'm so glad you are mi hijo.

Your Goddess Mother
 
Cisco,
So sorry to hear about the passing of your friend and what a great tribute. I just lost a very dear friend myself, but what a gift to be able to see your life out sober.

My friend Richard had planned on coming to Houston with me at Thanksgiving.

I think he will be there at least in spirit.

Jim
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?