Tuesday, August 30, 2005

 

Do You Have A White Dog?

I have truly been going stir-crazy by not having my computer. It is very difficult to communicate these days with out one. IN having to book speakers for our convention, some of them have sent many emails and I am CALLING them to leave voicemails to explain why I have not returned their emails. I have been trying to get work done, and it is difficult to email copy, photos or artwork files sans computer. I have been going thru blogging withdrawal too! yikes! I really miss reading too. Mary Christmas let me borrow his laptop a few times, BUT I do not like using other's computers. So those computer sessions were very brief.

Daddy Long Legs referred me to his computer guy who was finally able to come over. Since I have been traveling and had a guy staying over here house sitting and puppy sitting and running errands ( I was on the road for about 6 weeks). They (the house sitter and computer guy) were not able to coordinate schedules to pickup or drop off the laptop. I was so frustrated by all this. Well, computer guy finally came over an did a bunch of stuff but was unable to do anything. He referred me to Data Doctors. I called, got their address, dropped off the lap top last Friday.

They called me on Monday morning. "Hi Cisco, this Is RJ with Data Doctors."
Me: "Hi RJ"
RJ: "Do you have a white dog"
My first thought was 'OH NO! She got out again and he has found her.' ---wait a minute. He is not near here. Huh? What is he taking about?
me: "I am Sorry RJ. What was that?"
RJ: "When we took you computer apart, we found a lot of dust and white hair."
me: "Oh. Yeah. I own a little white dog - but maybe not much longer! COCO!"
RJ: laughs. "We get this a lot. It is really important for you to keep your computer clean. It is all that dust and hair that are causing your computer to overheat and shut down. We are gonna keep it one more day to make sure nothing else is going on and then you can pick up your laptop."
me: "So that's it?! Nothing else? What's this gonna cost me?"
RJ: laughing still "That's it. The cost is what you have already paid, for the diagnostic stuff (I am adding "stuff" cause I do not remember exactly what he said although I am sure it was not "diagnostic stuff") I'll call you this afternoon when it is ready."

me: "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!"

Then me again: "COCO! Where the F*** are you?!" As I hear her scramble under my bed - her safe place from any and every one. I got her to come out and she was just so precious. I could not stay mad. Look at her.. Who could stay mad when she looks at you with those BIG brown eyes and tilts her head to side as if to say "Daddy, I am sorry. I wont do it again. Please Daddy. Will you take me on a walk? Ok Daddy. I want a treat." Then she ran off an got a toy and brought it to me. So we played. Yes I have a little white dog. And I just love her.




Comments:
That is a precious dog. Was the computer guy cute?
 
I'm sure Coco was intentionally putting all those hairs, one at a time, in your vent fan.

Good to see and hear you today.
 
LOL Ricky!!! you are too much. Glad you got a new post up.
 
Coco can't help it if the maid doesn't clean under the mouse. After all, what's a girl to do? She has no control over the fact that God graced her with long silky hair.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?