Tuesday, August 23, 2005

 

Affirmation Writing Party Etiquette

Hot Yoga Chick invited me and several others to come to the studio today to write affirmations on the walls before they get painted on Monday. This way, all of that positive energy and love stay there at the studio- ALWAYS. I thought that was a great idea. I also felt honored and priviledged to have been invited. (you know there was a time when people would rather I not be around them. I am regularly surprised that people ask me to come by or go hang out). So I woke up this morning and went to the Y, worked out. (felt good since it had been about 2 weeks.) I went to Smoothie King to get a smoothie. While I was there I called Hot Yoga Chick to ask a very important question: "What does one wear to an Affirmation Writing Party? I am at such a loss. I consider myself pretty social savvy and have not been able to figure this out."
She said,"WHAT?" then laughed.
Then I laughed. Out of all the people she knows I am the only one that would have come up with such a question. LOL we laughed some more and came up with some ideas. (of course I was just kidding. I already knew what I was gonna wear. BUT, I did wonder what would be appropriate)

The studio is looking so good. I met lots of their friends and some of our students came up from Houston. It was so good to see them and catch up since I have not been teaching nor practicing. We were given instructions and then let loose. My favorite instruction was to say the affirmation out loud while we wrote it. (this falls inline with why we say the name of the yoga pose (in Sanskrit when possible) when teaching. It invokes the power of that pose into the room. I loved that idea. The spoken word is very powerful. Especially words like PEACE, LOVE, FAITH, DISCIPLINE, COURAGE, etc, I could go on and on. Needless to say, the studio has "LET NO ONE STEAL YOUR PEACE" in the yoga room forever. And I said it out loud. And felt goof to give a little bit of me to stay there for the success of this great space. I also left behind "OPEN YOUR MIND, MIRACLES HAPPEN HERE DAILY, and OPEN YOUR HEART" Saying these words out loud really made me connect to this wonderful venture, this house of healing. Hot Yoga Chick, Mr Hot Yoga Chick, and BYTW - I send to you and wish you all of my peace, love, grace, blessings and success!

We had so much fun writing all over the walls. There were kids there too and they got to write and doodle, and paint. It was so cute.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?