Friday, July 22, 2005

 

Travelling

I am SO tired. I hate travelling....for work that is. I am just glad that I was able to stay with my friend, The Southern Belle this time. I was able to bring Coco with me. Our drive on Monday was uneventful. I took photos of Coco in the car with me. There were several places along I-10 where we came to complete standstills. I do not understand where traffic goes. It has been so good to spend time with The Southern Belle and go to meetings here. I have been so focused on work. I have not worked out at all. I miss the physical exercise. The nearest YMCA is in Kenner, not so near. I am gonna have to do some GYM research for New Orleans and see what day passes are like. I did, however, go to an unaffiliated Bikram Studio. I greatly dislike practicing where I am not able to teach. That puts my certification at risk. The studio was ok. They did some things very different. It was actually a tiny space. BUT they made up for it with the heat. I LOVE THE HEAT! I went on Wednesday and I am still sore today. YAY! I like that! This practice allowed me to shed lots of the work related stress.

Being in the Big Easy has been a challenge....everyday. I forget how difficult people can be. I have been working on two big facilities and a 3rd very small one that I just landed. Administration at both facilities was less than helpful. How did you get so far along the corporate ladder with so little knowledge? Yikes.... I hate it when I become too judgemental. I feel like I finally started making progress yeterday after being here since Monday. I have the Assistant with me and I know she is frustrated cause in our work somtimes there are periods of just waiting..... I am trying to make those as short as possible by being a little more pushy than normal and getting in with people that know what they are doing. I have been a little stressed. I was hoping we would be further along than we are. I leave for New York next week to visit the Serene Silver Fox. I havent seen here in over a year and a half. I miss her terribly. I was planning on having most of the sales done and leaving the Assistant to schlepp around some for me and then we would finish when I return. We will see how things go.

I have a rather full morning today and then I am off back to Houston..... back home. I cant wait to get home. There's no place like home.

Comments:
the heat in bikram definitely made things interesitng.
 
I used to go to Club New Orleans a lot. They have decent gym (LOL). It's probably never been used.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?