Wednesday, July 06, 2005

 

Take A Load Off

I was driving down the street last week when I saw this

I was thinking it was a bit odd. Why is this here? Well, obviously it is a chair at the bus stop. The #3 Metro. I have no idea where the #3 goes. I will venture to say it is coming from downtown. I remember when I was growing up I rode the bus everywhere.....Before I got my driver's license and a car. Even after I got a car, I would ride the bus into downtown cause driving downtown scared me. lol Now, I drive downtown all the time...In fact that is where the YMCA where I work out is located. It was somewhat fun to ride the bus, but I always hated waiting....I still hate waiting to this day. This particular stop is at the corner of W Gray and Taft, and intersection not far from where I live. As you can see, there is nothing at this bus stop.... no shade, no seat, no nothing. So this chair got my attention.

It has been very hot in Houston lately. I practice Bikram Yoga or commonly known as Hot Yoga. I have not been practicing as much. The heat has been getting to me....Outside.... Not the heat in the yoga room. However, when I had a regular practice, the heat outside did not bother me. So when I drove by and saw this chair again today, I thought, "I Guess if I had to ride the #3 and wait in this heat, it would be a bit more bearable if I was sitting instead of standing. Take a load off, have a seat." I also thought, "Whoever painted this and put this chair here, must be a kind soul. To have some compassion for those that have to wait in the heat."

I have driven by several times and decided that I really liked it. Someone has taken an old chair and painted it.....Marking it for it's obvious use by writing "BUS" on it. I think it is a great piece of active, very urban art. (some might say it is an eye sore, some might say it is more junk with graffiti drawn on it) but I would rather see the more positive aspect. Something about this chair just makes me feel good. To whoever is responsible for this: Thank you your for the trip down memory lane of when I used to ride the bus. Thank you for your anonymous kindness to others. Thank you for your wonderful talent and making use of something that would otherwise be considered junk. Thank you.


I will report that since sighting this chair last Friday, I have not seen anyone sitting in it. But it is there if they would like.

Comments:
I love to see those random acts of kindness. Would love to see more of them.
 
That looks like a Lambda chair! LOL

Probably, the person who put that chair there, will not be reading blogs. Me thinks.

Good post though.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?