Tuesday, July 26, 2005

 

Brown Penny

Went to see Must Love Dogs last night. The Southern Belle had free tix to a sneak preview. It was a cute movie......a chick-flick. It did yank on my love string though. Made me wonder if I would ever find "the right one" A general theme of the movie was "He is out there somewhere. The guy that's just right for you." I want to believe that so much today. I have been working rather hard on many aspects of my life, making changes mostly for me. I think I am ready to share my life with a really special guy that would want me in spite of my flaws and quirks! A guy that is into me as much a I am into him. A guy that has a life and friends and can share that with me as much as I can share my life and my friends with him. A nice guy, a sexy guy, a compassionate guy, a guy that will make my heart skip a beat, make me gasp and lose my breath. Where is my Haley's Comet? A guy that can change my universe. I'll stop now. This is now sounding like a personal ad. lol Who knows.

What I gleaned from the movie is that it will surely happen for me one day. Hope, there is always hope.

One of the characters in the movie recited the following poem by William Butler Yeats. I was moved by it.

I whispered, 'I am too young,'
And then, 'I am old enough';
Wherefore I threw a penny
To find out if I might love.
'Go and love, go and love, young man,
If the lady be young and fair.'
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
I am looped in the loops of her hair.

O love is the crooked thing,
There is nobody wise enough
To find out all that is in it,
For he would be thinking of love
Till the stars had run away
And the shadows eaten the moon.
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
One cannot begin it too soon.

Where is my change? Excuse me, Can I borrow a Penny......



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?