Thursday, June 16, 2005

 

Time

And let today embrace the past with remembrance and the future with longing. - Khalil

It is 10:12 am on a Thursday morning. I am sitting here unable to get to work. The very thought of having to move about is unbearable - a sign of a deeper pain. I had set a date for myself, JUNE 15. That day came and went. And I did not die, I did not explode, my little man did not come back, he did not call. I spent yesterday in kind of a funk as I went about all of my business. In the afternoon, the date hit me. I am glad that I am pretty involved with certain organizations and that I have commitments. Having dinner with Daddy Long Legs and going to this party was a welcome distraction. Although from time to time I would wander into my head and get sad...

Little Man and his family are supposed to move away, to Korea in June. So I figured I would make it June 15th the day they moved. I wanted to call and see is the number worked. I didn't. I haven't. Hopefully I wont. "just to see if it works" If it does work, I;ll get my hopes up. If it doesn't? Well, I would really rather not know one way or the other. So I am very sad - again. It comes and goes. The good new is that the "goes" are longer and longer each time. I was reading a card he gave me and of course that stirred up emotions again. So I am embracing my past with remembrance - having been kind, loving, nurturing, funny, vulnerable, passionate with a special guy. I am embracing the future knowing that I can be a nice guy, a good catch, a boyfriend worth having for someone some day. All I have is today. Lets see what happens.

on a brighter note.
I went to dinner with Daddy Long Legs at a lounge downtown. The Lounge, 6 degrees, is his client and was having a customer appreciation/web site RELAUNCH party. We went to dinner first. The food was great. (of course there was something wrong.....I did not finish the appetizer, the salad or the entree) Those that know me, KNOW I can eat! So then we walked thru downtown to the lounge and had fun there too.

I have been looking for some art pieces for the dining room and the bedroom.....Mainly the bedroom. It has been difficult. I have been looking for a long time. But I would rather get exactly what I want than something I am not really happy with. So it takes time and patience. At dinner I told Daddy Long Legs that I had a great idea for the space above my bed. I saw it on one of the reality make-over, redesign-my-house sort-of-shows. And I was excited.
At the Lounge I saw this


I loved it! I fell in love! THIS IS GOING OVER MY BED! LOVE IT! I have several other nudes (art that is) And I love the female form in art. I got to meet the model in the painting. She is very sweet. She went and got the owner and he agreed to sell it to me....And offered to knock off some of the price since I was a friend of Daddy Long Legs. He told me the story. He wanted a female nude. He wanted a model that ha never done nudes before and a photographer that had never shot a nude model. He said it took a while to get them together 'cause everyone was nervous. When it finally happened it turned out great. This is part of a series of 5 paintings.
I cant wait to get this home! Now I am motivated to get to work so I can pay for it. Later.




Comments:
Don't be sad baby I come to your site now to make my day brighter from some random words of wisdom or to hear about your life and the happenings. Since you and I live such opposite lifestyles. Cheer up buttercup :) I love the piece you have found also it is inline with the stuff that I have drawn in the past. You are part of my blogroll now so I figure I would contribute with a comment on your article.
<3
DAIGLE
 
For LM, absence does make the heart grow fonder.... and speaking of fond, your newest acquisition of an artsy nature is fabulous!
 
I just finished reading several of your entries, and I really believe you have nothing to worry about. You really are a wonderful catch for some lucky guy. Oh, and if you lived anywhere near me, I would have you over to play Canasta with us all the time!
 
shopping always makes me feel better!
congrats on the new piece:)
DLL
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?