Tuesday, June 07, 2005

 

That's Gonna Hurt

I when to to the YMCA this morning (at 6:30 am) and met with the trainer that was 35 mins late yesterday. We got me all set up on FitLinx. That's their system that helps one to work out, telling you how much weight, how many reps, sets, and keeping you within your rang of motion.... It even tells you what to set your seat height and incline and such. Pretty Cool Stuff. I felt great after that. I am all set. I also signed up for swimming lessons that start June 20. I procrastinated so much that I sis not make the class that started yesterday. ooops!

I went about my day with work. NICE. I am starting a project that is a big cash cow for me. I don't mean that disrespectfully either. I love working with them. It's just that they are a hot spot in the medical community. I am glad I landed them 3 years ago.

I got to speak to a fellow blogger today. It was nice to hear the voice. We will be meeting over Thanksgiving weekend. I wonder if he will blog about his "A Gay in Texas."

I have been guiding the new girl who is in New Orleans. She went on sales calls today. She did good. Finally got those first few ALONE appointments where you stumble an your voice cracks and you are so unsure of yourself out of the way. Build her self-confidence. I am meeting her there just for the day tomorrow. I have my own set of appointments to deal with while I am there too that she has to go on and observe. Just another day.....

I had to put my car in the shop. We will see what happens. I may have to buy a new car. I love Sally, that's what I've named my 93 gold 2 Door Lexus SC300. I love her. I have been taking care of her so much. But alas, all good things.......Must get better, I have been thinking about a new car for a while. I want an SUV but I drive WAAAAAYYYYY TOO MUCH. That would not be a good idea with gas prices being what they are. We'll see.

I went on my first bike ride with Daddy Long Legs. We went across streets, and to the park. We went Up hills and down hills; through trails and over bumps; under bridges and across the bayou. Whew! I was doing ok. I wiped my face a Clearasil pad before we went and that made the sweat that got in eyes sting - BAD! But I did ok. I was also trying to figure out the brakes and gears. When I was a kid I remember you just peddled backwards to brake. Now there are front brakes and rear brakes. And all these gears. I was playing with trying to get a feel for this new bike. I was following the best I could. He is more experienced. I proved my theory true. Just as in walking.... He can go farther and faster.....Cause he has longer legs. He had to back track a few times so I could catch up..... That was nice of him. A bike ride with out incident. YAY! And at the end, I figured we had gone about 12 miles. He informed me that it was maybe 3 or a little over that. HUH? I am still not convinced, but I will have to trust him. The we figured out that I was riding in first gear the whole time. I thought I was shifting but apparently there might be something wrong with my new bike. No wonder I was having a hard time. My legs are gonna be sore tomorrow as well as my butt - That's gonna hurt.

After the bike ride, we went to Ninfa's for fajitas, green sauce and guacamole. Those fajitas did not stand a chance. A pound of them....GONE! Just like that. Poof. Nothing left. We devoured them and they were so delicious. I love good Mexican food. And that just hit the spot! Speaking of spots. When we went to grab coffee after dinner, I noticed I was wearing must of my dinner. I could not believe how much I spilled on myself. lol I was hungry that I apparently was not watching that I was spilling salsa, guacamole, and queso dip all over my shirt. I laughed a lot. That is how hungry I was. Thank God I don't eat like that everyday....I think. Maybe I do and just had not realized it. hahahaha Dinner was great!






Comments:
My RAV4 gets 24 city, 30 hwy mileage. But it might be a little small for you. Perfect for me though.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?