Monday, June 20, 2005

 

Speedos

I went to the YMCA and had my first ever official swimming lesson. I felt so good about myself. I sucked at some things and did ok at others and pretty good at some things. I was definitely NOT afraid of the water. My brother used to own a pool plastering company when I was growing up. I was around lots of pools. My brothers are all good swimmers. I never got the hang of it. I remember when I was little, like 8 or 9, maybe 10, one time, when we were at a job site working on a pool, one of my brothers came and grabbed me by ankle, flung me upside down into the deep end of the pool and walked away. He told the other workers NOT to help me. That I would have to learn on my own. And today, I have truly started that process. I am learning. On my own I went and signed up and paid and showed up and dove right in! Get it?! hahaha but I digress.

I have many square-cut bathing suits, teaching and practicing hot yoga, well, I have lots. But I went yesterday to get straight boy swimming trunks. (I figured that if I was going to the YMCA pool I wanted to be different, have a separate "look" for swimming. I am sure I will eventually get comfortable enough to wear square-cuts to the pool at the Y) I left the store with 4 pair of straight boy swim trunks! What can I say I am still gay and I was shopping. But I look good in them...NO! Not straight. I said good, I look good in them.

There were only three of us and the instructor. He was kinda funny. Certainly had his own sense of humor. I like that. Another guy and a girl. The girl just came from the last session and did the beginners class. She learned lots of good stuff cause her form was great. I started to wonder if I should really be in intermediate, but then the instructor said I was doing good and that the beginners class really is for people that are afraid of the water. And then I thought, where would the challenge be?

I am glad I have my yoga...It helps a lot. The arms over the head thing like the first picture below, was easy for my.... I have a good half moon pose. I did not do so good with kicking.... Cant get the hang quite yet. And when I kicked I did not breathe, and then well, I was stroking the air.... That doesn't do anything. You have to stroke the water..... I am so grateful that as a yoga teacher I encourage students. And that now the teacher within is encouraging me. ( I am actually listening to what I have told my students and following that same instruction and it works.) I am gonna hang in there. Cant wait for class tomorrow.

we did this


and this


I am sure I did not look quite like either of these. Michael Phelps is of course MICHAEL PHELPS! I thought about Michael during my swim lesson. Everyone had to start somewhere. Right? He was not always this good. It takes work, and practice. Thinking about Michael certainly helped. And he is so easy on the eyes, like the boys that were practicing next to us....again I digress.

I wanted to post pictures for my own inspiration. I love flat stomachs, bellies, abs, what ever you want to call it. They don't have to be ripped abs... I know that the average guy does not have them. But I want a flat stomach! Even if it is on someone else.. :) There were about 10 to 15 guys and girls practicing in the lanes next to us, what looked like some sort of relay swimming. They were all so graceful, so strong, so powerful in the water. I did notice today that there were lots of guys wearing the long biker-short-type speedo. Oh my GOD! So many sexy guys with flat stomachs. A couple of them were gay and smiled. I am sure they were thinking, "Look at that group of dorks over there." And the teacher within me would prefer to say they were thinking, "Before you know it, you guys will be over here soon, practicing with us. We'll all have fun swimming together." Wouldn't that be nice if that really was what they were thinking. Either way a couple of the...Ok the TWO really cute ones smiled at me or at least in my direction.... More inspiration to keep showing up.This is how I saw that group practicing....


I like this last picture. For me it is Michael Phelps waving to me... Saying, "Great JOB! See ya tomorrow OK?" Who would not come back to see him........

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?