Monday, June 13, 2005

 

Pain Kills the Pain

I had been noticing/talking about/complaining that my hand hurts. I think I may have a pinched nerve in my neck. This is only after riding my bike. It goes away two days after I ride. hmm. I made an appointment with a neuromuscular therapist. I had this before and going to see her helped tremendously. Then, the yoga practice kept it in check. I have not been practicing so I am sure this has also been a factor in the symptom returning.

I went to the YMCA on Saturday to work out by myself for the first time. I had previously met with one f the trainer to get set up on a routine. They have a really neat system called FitLinxx. It is a 12 machine routine that is a total workout. You are given a code and you enter it on each machine. It tells you what to set the seat, back, legs etc, How much weight, how many reps and keeps you in your range of motion so you are getting an optimum workout. The machine will beep at you if you are going to fast and tells you to slow down. It will track your rang of motion to the point that if you try to cheat by not going the height or lowering the weight enough it does not count that as a rep! I know this from first hand experience. hahahaha It tracks all of your information. It tells you when to increase weight if you have been doing well and completing all the reps in each set, automatically taking and increasing your workout. Pretty neat stuff.

I went to lunch with Daddy Long Legs after my work out and told him that I thought the trainer did not give me enough weight. My work out seemed rather easy. But I also know enough to just focus on form right now and that I was very willing to do that.... And so I am.

I woke up Sunday SOOOOOOOOOOO SORE! Today I am even more sore. Ouch! I had a trainer once and she worked my ass off! I was always sore. BUT nothing like this. So I am gonna take it easy. I am gonna go today, and do my work out.... But take it easy.

So, I have forgotten about my hand pain cause the soreness from working out is so much greater. Pain kills the pain. Another Bikramism. Since I have a greater discomfort I have totally forgotten about my hand and neck. Isn't that strange. I guess it really is true.... Pain kills the pain.

Comments:
Loving the Fitlinxxxxx!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?