Sunday, June 19, 2005

 

Going Once, Going Twice, SOLD!

Last night we had the Service and Silent Auction benefiting The Houston Round Up. It was a lot of fun to be a part of the fundraising committee and help to put this on. Everyone involved seemed to have a good time. There was even snacks to help keep one's energy up. Shopping can be exhausting you know. There was lots of great stuff donated by so many generous people. I wish i could have bought it all) Items ranging from Massage sessions, car washes, astrology readings, interior design services, catering, landscape design, to cosmetic surgery..... hahahaha There were so many people that came with their check books! Thank you all! It was a huge success. We set a new record for money raised during this event, roughly $5,700.00.

I spent more money than I should have, BUT still came in under the amount I had budgeted to spend at this event. I came home with a car wash, an interior design session, gift certificates to the spa, a catered party for 10, and 3 pieces of art. WOW! I made out like a bandit.

I will also say that Mary Christmas came home with some stuff too. I swear. He was bidding against me at one point. I had no idea. The Auctioneer finally looked at him and said, "Are you really going to continue to bid against your roommate?" When I heard that, I figured I should back off and he came home with an exquisite piece of art that I love soooooooooo much. YAY! At this rate I should be careful. People will not know if this is a house or an art gallery! He also came home with a big basket of goodies: twinkies, chips, chocolate over do doughnuts, Kool Aid, trail mix, crackers, etc., Just your general assortment of junk food! ugggh! Does he not know I am trying to lose a little weight?! He is here to make sure I stay a Big Gurl. I have to hit the Gym or a Yoga class today. I have already had two twinkies....Sugar is my down fall. Maybe I will throw it all out while he is still sleeping....


Comments:
Thanks for your efforts. It WAS a good time.
 
Yes, a lot of fun, and Dani was a great auctioneer!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
That sounds like a great time. And, as for the Twinkies, just suck the cream out and throw away the cake part if you want to reduce your fat intake :)
 
Thanks for all the great comments and insights..By the way, are you looking for more information on Kitchen Counter Design ..If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to flowers and Kitchen Counter Design with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...http://www.floridakitchendesigns.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?