Sunday, May 15, 2005

 

Time Flies

I did not get a chance to post yesterday. Jam-packed weekend.

Yesterday, I woke up and went to yoga class. I have been in a place where I do not want to practice and procrastinate or talk myself out if it. I already know that showing up is the hardest part. So I show up and instead of focusing on how much I did not want to be there, just did each pose.... ( the hot guy next to me also added inspiration to stay as well) Before I knew it, class was over.

I went to a meeting at 11:30. It was exactly what I needed. The meeting was over before I knew it.

I spent the afternoon playing dress up for the show with my roommate and before I knew it, dinner time had a arrived.

We went to dinner with Goddess Mother, her cousin and best friend, Bubbles, and their Aunt OKC Annie. Goddess Mother, (what I've grown to call her) has been sober 28 years. I call her Goddess Mother cause she sponsored me not the Catholic Church. She really gave me such a great view on God and AA and spirituality. I dont know who my God Parents are so, I adopted her as My Goddess Mother. We met at 7:30 and I knew I would be home by 10....Well guess what? After Dinner we went to a different restaurant for coffee and dessert (Mary Christmas' fabulous idea) Then we went to see Madame Gypsy to get our Tarot cards read and have a numerology reading as well. She is unbelievably right on the money each time. It's very eerie to have some one else tell you about yourself and be so insightful.

Again, before we knew it, it was 1:30 am. How did that happen. We were having so much fun! And then thought, it was abit sad that these women in their late 50's (that's for Goddess Mother and Bubbles) and OKC Annie who lookes in the same age range but if she is their Aunt, wouldn't that make her older? They were all out pacing me by staying up late. I needed to get to bed.

So, that's my Saturday night.

Today I woke up terribly late and had breakfast with Daddy Long Legs and Mary Christmas. Then Mary Christmas and I went and joined the YMCA. More on this later. Follow that up with lounging by the pool at Maxeen's and reading a book, a few magazines, playing more Canasta and grilling steaks for dinner. I went to a 7 pm meeting that was fairly good. After the meeting I met up with some guys and went to a movie - Monster in Law with J Lo and Jane Fonda. Hysterical movie. Highly recommended on the entertainment side.....

The whole weekend seems to have flown by. My, how time flies when I am having fun!

Comments:
Looking forward to seeing your "talent" on Saturday night.

dave u.
 
Not to make you feel like a woosie, but OKC Annie is in her 70s. Sweet mercy, did we have fun or what?????

Goddess
Mother
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?