Monday, May 23, 2005

 

There and Back

I am very glad to have taken a the month off from teaching yoga. I have so much on my plate, that teaching would have been just added stress. I have been so swamped with work...and in multiple cities and multiple languages. ughh. I had to go to New Orleans today. I woke up at 5:30 and got on the road. I got back at 8:15. I drove there and back in one day! It was a very successful business trip. I love schmoozing my clients...and that is just showing up really and being in front of them, chatting, laughing jioking and me collecting a check.... they do a lot of business with me. When another rep shows up, they call me to make sure it is ok to talk to them.....very loyal clients. I could have taken care of all of this via email, fax, and Fed-Ex, but then the schmoozing would not happen....would they be so loyal then? I was there two weeks ago for an over night trip. And I tied up my project today. Nice work for what is basically a day and half worth of work.

It has been a while since I have been on the road for work. I used to drive back and forth a lot...for about 18 months. I guess the traveling there has been pretty regular, it has not really stopped. I realized today that I will always have my fingers in the New Orleans market - no matter who it gets assigned to. I helped build that market and maintain it too. And I am glad that company depends on me to get things done there.

I used to hate the road. Now I enjoy it. Seeing all of God's beauty in the trees, the moss, the swamps, and learning to drive the speed limit. :) Wondering how in the world did they build all those 20-something mile bridges over the swamps..... I like to listen to the hum of the car, the wind blowing, cracking the window and feeling the air. Scan for radio stations. I listen to speaker tapes a lot. (I know that this is a lot to do on a road trip, but it is a 5 1/2 hour one-way trip) The speaker tapes JAZZ me up. They kick start my belief in God, my understanding a of power greater than me, my searching for more. They keep me in line with the program in order to grow. THIS IS MY TIME WITH GOD. I usually come home with a much better attitude than when I left.

I also get to catch up with friends on the phone. I must have talked to 30 people today - some work related. I spoke to my sponsor twice....And she called me. That rarely happens. Once this morning and once this evening. There and back. I spoke to a couple of yoga teacher friends, one in San Fran and one in Houston. Friends in Dallas, DC, LA, New York, Chicago, & Forth Worth. My friends keep me connected to God too - all the way there and all the way back.

I miss teaching yoga. I am looking forward to teaching in Dallas this weekend. I will also be attending the Big D Round Up. Working on strengthening the physical temple for the Atman and connecting with the Atman. A weekend to re-energize my body and my desire to stay sober. I'm driving. God will be with me - there and back.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?