Friday, May 20, 2005

 

Meditation

I love the daily meditation book Daddy Long Legs gave me. Today's was:

Lately I've been making it my practice to listen a lot. So when someone is talking to me, I keep my mind focused on them--their voice, their words, their message. I dont interrupt, think how I'll respond, or let myself be distracted by critical thoughts. I've noticed that people are really grateful to be listened to attentively, without interruption.

I have italicized and made bold what in particular stood out to me that I most definately do when others are speaking to me. It is so calming to know that all I have to do is listen. Of course, now people are so used to me talking or interrupting that they keep asking if I am ok, or what I am thinking. lol They know me so well. I just have been responding by saying, "I'm listening" Imagine that. And just two days ago I literally had the cotton taken out of my ears....coincidence?

Mary Christmas sent me this. I really dig photography, scuplture, etc, you know, art. I especially like that these items remind people of me and they let me know.

Comments:
I hear ya. I think listening without thinking of a response will allow me to listen more effectively. And I have noticed.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?