Sunday, May 22, 2005

 

Lola..She Was A Showgirl

Last night we had a fundraiser for The Lambda Center. I love Lambda. There is nothing I would not do for this center....Even put on a dress when asked to do so. It was a good cause. Gives a new meaning to 'willing to go to any lengths to stay sober' We had so much fun. It was the Miss Lambda Pageant. There were 7 contestants. Of course only one could win....and the one that did win was definitely wanting the title...BAD! He... I mean she was so cute. We raised a lot of money. Such a generous fellowship. We raised over $2,000 Thank you all.

Our opening number was our rendition of Cell Block Tango from Chicago. We were all just surprised by the response from the audience.

I was Lola, and my talent was dancing around trying to portray a showgirl to Barry Manilow singing Copacabana. It was a long number. I was not quite sure what I was doing, but it all turned out just fine. The crowd was so loving and responsive. I was a bit blown away from working the audience and sitting in people's laps. hahahaha it is amazing what people will let a man in a dress get away with.

Then there was the evening gown competition and question to answer. I did not do so well with that question. "What would your perfect and romantic date be and ith who?" I have not been on a date in a while. Perfect date? Is there such a thing? I;ll stop now...I think I am rambling in a jaded sort of way.
So I answered something that made me sound like a dumb blonde! Even worse, a dumb, Latin brunette.

I will say that I was very please to not have looked like a little Latin boy in dress. I did pretty good.
I want to say thank you to DAAVE for some of these pictures. Here are some of Lola.





Here are some of the other girls.....


So much fun was had by all. When i get picstures if the other contestants, i'll post those. And of course, more of me. :)


Comments:
I don't believe that you guys could have done a better job. It was just superb!!!

Some real talent there from all of you. It must have been the best drag show in Houston ALL weekend.

Not to lose sight of the intention which was to raise money. That certainly happened.

Thanks for your efforts as I know it's much more difficult than just the appearance itself.
 
D-I-V-A!
She don't need no Wonder Bra! She got NERF!
That picture of you on the trash can is the funniest. You need to frame that, and give me a copy too:)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?