Monday, May 30, 2005

 

The Big D, That's for Dallas

I spent the weekend in Dallas. I was there for the Big D Round Up. I really enjoyed hanging out with all of my friends from Houston and especially my friends from Dallas. I am amazed at how many people in recovery from so many different cities I know. I enjoy these conventions mostly because I really like speaker meetings. I thought I had heard all but one speaker. When I showed up on Friday to listen to the speaker, 5 minutes into her story, I realized that I had heard her too! At first I was a bit upset. Then, I became filled with gratitude. I have been around long enough to have heard these speakers at other conventions. And I know these speakers and they know me. It became about knowing them instead of what can I get from them. It became about sitting down and listening and letting some one else garner some pearls of wisdom. It became about searching even further, digging deep to hear the message. I felt at home and at peace.

The Friday night show was lots of fun. There is a lot of talent in Dallas. The Saturday night play was very good. Lots of singing, drag, and shirtless boys!---- What else do I need as incentive to stay sober?! hahahaha

I hung out with friends. We talked a lot. I opened up to these guys in a way I have not done in some time. It felt good to be vulnerable and know that I was not being judged. Of course, they joked with me and kidded with me and basically just said, they understood because they were the same.

While I was in Dallas, I taught at Bikram Yoga Dallas. I felt so unbelievably connected to the yoga and the students and the staff. I miss teaching yoga. I also got to practice. I miss practicing. I enjoyed practicing so much. I felt safe there. I felt good about my practice, about my body, about me. Life is good in the little brown room on Mockingbird Lane.

I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend. I made a few more friends and am looking forward to seeing them again.

Comments:
Nice to meet you at the BigDRoundup Cisco! Your table-mates at the Dinner--Love your Blog! Mark and Donny
 
Cisco, Big D just gets getter better. You guyz had a fucking fantastic time. Thanx for sharing.
Great blog posts by the way.
Happy Gay Pride
 
Using kts network solution to register your domain names?!?!?! Nope, check out Register Better . com to see what options are available for cheap or free domain names including the new loopholes!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?